Taleem al Tajweed – Term 2
Intermediate Level Tajweed Course featuring:
In depth study of makharij and Sifaat of the letters.
Extended theoretical Knowledge of Rules of Tajweed.
Reading practice on Quran with a qualified teacher.
Easy and practical written/ verbal feedback to attain much needed correction in recitation.
Live Tarbiyah Sessions with Ustazah Dr. Farhat Hashmi.
Detailed outline of the Course:
- The course is divided into 3 levels- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
- Each level is a term of approximately 4 months.
- Pre-assessment (written and oral) will be done to determine the required level.
- The content of each level is mainly based on the 3 books of “Tajweed Rules of the Qur’an” by Kareema Carol Czerepinski.
Ways to take the course
On Campus Only!
Classes are offered on campus only in order to:
- Guarantee experience of barakah and blessings of learning together in a classroom setting.
- Provide the one on one teacher-student interaction that will help enhance the reading skills.
- Give continued motivation by working together with other students who share the same intentions, goals and objectives.
This course is taught by Sr.Ambreen Tajammul
- A female of age 12 or above.
- Able to understand instructions in English.
- Have learned some basic tajweed rules before.
- Able to read Quran with some fluency and accuracy.
I do not meet the prerequisites of this course. Do you offer any other courses where I can learn the Qur’an?
Yes, Alhumdulillah. Please click here for details on other Onsite & Online courses offered at Al Huda Institute.
I want to join this course but I am living outside Canada. What is the procedure to join this course?
This is a course designed for local audiences, However, Al Huda Online offers some courses where young boys and young men are also accepted. Please visit www.alhudaus.com
Even for any other long-term courses, Al Huda does not facilitate visa/residence arrangements.
Students are responsible to make arrangements for their study visa and other travel legalities. Al Huda does not facilitate visa or accommodation arrangements.
I heard about the course late, can I still join? How will I cover the missed lessons?
Late admissions acceptance will be upon the discretion of the teacher depending on the duration of lateness and class logistics.
Can I join this course just to listen in, as opposed to being a student?
Yes, If you would like to be a full-time registered listener on site, the fee is 50% of the regular tuition fee but portal access will not be provided.
Tuition fee payable on campus (Al Huda Institute – 5671 McAdam Road) at the Fee Window.
Are there any age limits?
- Sisters 12+
Who is this course for?
You can be anyone of the following to attend the course
- One who is motivated to learn and improve one’s own recitation of the Quran.
- One who has the love and passion to read the Qura’n like our beloved Prophet Muhamad (SAW)
- One who has finished multiple Quran readings without knowing that tajweed is actually something that exists.
- One who has heard about Tajweed a lot but feels intimidated by its complexity.
- One who has finished Taleem al Qura’n but feels lacking in correct recitation of the Quran.
- One who has finished Taleem al Qura’n along with gaining knowledge of the basics of tajweed but now feels rusty and needs revision of concepts.
- One who wants to progress and commit oneself in the field of Science of Tajweed to become a qualified teacher and be among those about whom Rasool Allah said, “The best among you are those who learn the Qura’n and teach it too”.
What language is the course offered in?
The course is offered in English language only. Urdu language speakers are welcome to join. They will be provided translation help if they have some comprehension of English Language to attend the class.
What are the subjects taught in this course?
- Tajweed Rules of the Quran
- Sahih al Bukhari
- Fiqh al Quloob
- Any other Tarbiyah Book (TBD)
Is there Hifz also in this course?
Memorization of surahs in not part of this course currently. However, this option might be made available in future.
Do I receive a certificate at the end of this course?
To be advised later!
How do I register?
The registrations are to be done Online only !!!
Monthly Fee: $100
No Registration Fee!!
Fee payment at the Fee window only!!
Accepted forms of payment via Cash, Debit card or Cheque.
When are we supposed to register by?
Ideally, registration should be completed as early as possible.
What to Expect As a registered student?
As a registered student you will be required:
- To maintain 80% of in class attendance.
- To attend daily groups to read and receive feedback from the teacher.
- To give monthly assessments (written + oral) of on-going learning.
- To take the final evaluation (written + oral) to move to the next level.
What happens if the student enrolls after the registration due date has passed? How will I cover the missed lesson?
You may come and speak to the teacher in person and will be guided.
When does the course begin?
The course started:
Term 1: Sep 2018
Term 2: Jan 2019
Term 3: April 2019 tentatively
Separate registration required for each level.
What is the complete duration of the course?
Complete course duration: 10 Months (Sep 2018 – June 2019) course divided into 3 terms (4 months approx). However, separate registration is made for each level.
Taleem at Tajweed – Level 2- Duration: 3 months only!
Starting date: 8th January, 2019
Completion date: March 2019
What is the tuition fee of the course?
Term 1: Tuition Fee $ 100.00 per month!
Payable first week of each Month (Jan, Feb & March).
Accepted forms of payment via Cash, Debit card or Cheque.
All Monthly Payment will be collected on campus (Al Huda Institute – 5671 McAdam Road) at the Fee Window.
Fee Window Hours of operation:
– Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
– Saturday – Sunday 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
How can I pay my fees? Cash /Debit/cheque?
~ Accepted forms of payment via Cash, Debit card or Cheque.
~*~ Tuition fee will be due First Week of each month.
I cannot pay the fees, can I still do the course?
Anyone with financial challenges can apply for financial assistance.
Financial support is approved only after a certain probation period in which student’s Academic performance and commitment are taken into account. Further inquiries to be discussed with the Course Coordinator in person.
What books are we required to have?
Course have required books that will need to be purchased from the AlHuda Book store.
What is the required % of attendance?
Minimum 80% attendance is required for the certificate.
Do we get holidays for special occasions such as Eid?
Yes. Alhamdulillah. Complete list of holidays can be available from the Course Coordinator.
Can I take a few weeks off for pregnancy/delivery/wedding?
Yes, however, it is upon the student to make up for missed notes/test/assignments. A leave of absence note should be submitted to the Course Coordinator ahead of time.
Are there any evaluations?
Yes, There will be monthly assessments (written + oral) and final evaluation (written + oral) to move to the next level.
Is there any service at the Institute I can volunteer for?
Yes, the Institute is always in need of committed, energetic and modest volunteers for a variety of events and setup needs. If you are able to dedicate a few hours every week, please fill up the volunteer form.
Will I be able to get any reference letter if I do any volunteer services there?
Yes, students can get their volunteer hours mentioned with their reference letter.
STUDENTS’ GENERAL GUIDE
I have a physical condition which prevents me from sitting over an hour, can I still join? Will there be special accommodation for my condition?
This can be discussed with your teacher as per need or send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about.
Are there any extra hours I'll need to spend studying over the week?
Yes, this course will have its weekly learning requirements and assessments, hence students must be prepared to dedicate few hours every week to accomplish good results. Homework is assigned in this course as in any other educational program.
Is there any facility for babies and toddlers?
Yes, there is proper on campus facility only available for registered student mothers. Nominal charges apply.
Please contact us using the information below if you have any questions, suggestions, or issues about the course. If you have any general questions, please read over our FAQ below, and contact us if you still need help.