On Friday, January 24th, 2014 Al Huda Institute Canada had welcomed students from McMaster University to present issues related to mental health. The presenters provided staff and students at Al Huda with the opportunity to expand their knowledge on issues concerning mental health and mental illnesses.
Topics under discussion were:
- Difference between mental health and mental illness
- Different mental health conditions
- Mood and anxiety disorders in women
- The Qu’ranic perspective on Mental Health
- The Scientific perspective on Mental Heatlh
- Current research in mental health
- A psychotherapeutic model for Muslim Women
- Possible treatments
- Ways in keeping yourself mentally fit in our everyday lives
The workshop took place at Al Huda Institute Canada in the main hall, it was an hour long interactive session
The staff and students were able to take much benefit on the subject of Mental Health. Later, the guests provided counselling resources to make use of.
Here are the counselling resources shared with staff and students: Resource Sheet for Mental Illness