- Live for Allah: Be patient & seek Allah’s reward.
“O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient.” (Quran 2:153)
2. Remain silent- if there is nothing beneficial to say.
“Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day speak good, or keep silent..”. [Al-Bukhari] [Muslim]
3. Take care of yourself first, and seek tranquility through the Truth- Quran, Dua & Dhikr. Know that Allah is with you if you are upon the truth; He is Always Watching, All-Knowing.
“Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured.” (Quran 13:28)
4. Forgive and ignore if you can, and seek refuge in Allah. Limit or avoid unnecessary contact.
Take what is given freely (show forgiveness/be tolerant), enjoin what is good, and turn away from the ignorant. And if an evil suggestion comes to you from Satan, then seek refuge in Allah. Indeed, He is Hearing and Knowing. (Quran, 7:199-200)
5. Do not quarrel.
And obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not dispute and [thus] lose courage and [then] your strength would depart; and be patient. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. (Quran, 8:46)
6. Return evil with good (while using good judgement & wisdom).
“And not equal are the good deeds and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon, the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend.”(Quran 41:34)
7. Do not hate: it only brings more toxicity into your life.
Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said to me,”Young man, if you are able every morning and evening to remove any rancor from your heart towards anyone, do so. Young man, that is my Sunnah. Whoever revives my Sunnah has loved me, and whoever loves me will be with me in Paradise.” (Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2678)
Author: Sameen Fahmi