=> Revise One or more Juz daily
What could be a greater deed in the month of Qur’an than enjoying the Qur’an itself?! Being in the last stretch of the race, there’s still a chance to overturn the tables by giving it our best shot in sha Allah!
“Verily, deeds are only judged by their endings.”(Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2898, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 112)
We may revise the Qur’an by reading, going through the meanings and brief tafsir, listening to the recitation, and/or revising the hifdh of any ayahs memorized. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Gabriel would come to me to revise the Qur’an once every year. This year he revised with me twice.” (Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3376)
Here are some practical tips to boost your Qur’an journey, even if you started late!
- Plan how much Qur’an you will revise daily, and determine the best time for it. Remember, ‘Those who fail to plan, plan to fail!’
- Try to stick to a schedule & stay consistent. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!
- You may divide that time reserved for the Qur’an into smaller, more manageable chunks or slots into your daily schedule.
- No doubt, the best time for the Qur’an is Fajr (Indeed, the recitation of dawn is ever witnessed.(17:78) ), or the early morning- which is full of blessing for the Believers.
- Give your best/most energetic & focused time to the Qur’an, and in sha Allah, Allah will put barakah in the rest of your daily chores and commitments also.
- Continue your daily reading in Tarawih and other Sunnahs and Nawafils of the day, and get 2 great deeds done together!
And don’t forget, other than the immense reward of following the Sunnah, we also accumulate the countless rewards upon every letter throughout our journey of the Qur’an, especially in a month when the rewards are unimaginably multiplied!