Summer Youth Program 2020
☆ Special Short Summer Course for Youth ☆
Elevate yourselves this summer in Imaan, knowledge, and community service
In a time where religion and reality seem worlds apart, confusion and chaos prevails. Through this program we hope to bridge the gap and clarify some of the major topics around which there is doubt and discussion needed. We will cover these topics comprehensively through Qur’an commentary, examples from the Sunnah and current day discussion based learning. In addition to learning, we will have give back Sunday, where the youth are engaged in volunteering activities at the institute while building companionship with our awesome teachers.
This two day program will run on weekends.
Details as below:
- Saturdays 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm Online: educational aspect and
- Sundays 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Onsite: social engagement aspect
- Audience: For young adults aged 15-19 years
- Duration: July 18, 2020 to Aug 22, 2020 ان شاء الله
- Fee: $75/- one time
- Instructors: Sh Ahmad Saleem, Sh Adnan Zaman & Br Omar Khan
Please note: Class capacity is limited to 40 students only!
Thematic discussion based learning and nurturing of students on the following topics with 3 major components:
- Adoption and Fostering With more and more broken families in our community it’s important to see how this topic was dealt with in our history and what our role should be now.
- Civic engagement Being a Muslim and being active in the society can come with challenges, what is our role as youth to our communities and why is it important to have a voice and a stance.
- Pornography and Zina In a time where images and desires run rampant, what can we do if we find ourselves in situations where we are struggling to control our desires and falling into destructive habits.
- Depression Social Distancing has marked a severe spike in depression due to the changing world and the uncertainty of the future. We will explore how to deal with huge losses and hindrances in our lives.
- Dismantling racism and Class Based Ideologies At a time where systematic racism exists, how do we recognize it and what is our role in breaking free from these flawed ideologies
- Qur’an – Sh. Ahmad Saleem
- Examples from Sunnah / Salaf – Sh. Adnan Zaman
- Discussion based practical understanding of the topic – Br. Omar Khan
In addition to the above components, social engagement of the students is going to be an essential component of engaging them. This will involve having the students come to the institute on Sundays to prepare food pantry boxes, which will then be distributed onsite to those in need.