Learn Qur’an, the word of God, in its Arabic text, to enhance your mental, spiritual and emotional well-being and better serve humanity.
This foundational course will provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the Qur’an through Word Analysis and subjects such as Arabic Grammar, Seerah (Prophetic Biography), Tafseer (Exegesis), Qur’anic and Hadith Sciences, as well as various topics in Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence). By the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Understand the Qur’an directly in Arabic
• Appreciate the beauty of Qur’anic Arabic through an in-depth study of its words
• Learn the Tafseer (explanation) of the Qur’an
• Improve Qur’anic recitation through application of Tajweed rules
• Extract Lessons from the lives of the Prophet (S.A.W) and his companions
• Gain a deeper understanding of 5 pillars of Islam
• Perform Ibadah in its true spirit with love
• Develop the art of constructive reflection
• Nurture the necessary life skills for effective time, anger and stress management
• Cultivate better Arabic writing skills
• Find the motivation to serve humanity
- Al-Qur’an – Recitation and Tajweed
- Al-Qur’an – Translation and Tafsir
- Fiqh of Taharah
- Fiqh of Saum
- Fiqh of Salaah
- Fiqh of Zakah
- Fiqh of Hajj
- Fiqh of Life and Death
- Qur’anic Grammar
- Women aged 15 and above; must have fluency in the Urdu language and Arabic recitation
- Students must also have a personal interest to learn and understand the Qur’an.
- Once registered into the course, a student’s acceptance is conditional on passing the first three translation and tafsir tests. The passing grade is 80%.
On Campus Learning
You will experience the classroom setting, teacher-student interactions and work together with other students who share the same intentions, goals and objectives as you do. You will also have the opportunity to be able to share ideas and learn in a group setting.
Our instructors are all advanced students of Dr. Farhat Hashmi. Through extended study, instructors have developed a sense of understanding and appreciation for the Words of Allah and as such have taken on the responsibility of passing that knowledge on. They have dedicated numerous hours of obtaining knowledge and have now made it their life goal to impart this knowledge. Approachable and friendly, our teachers yearn for the success of their students. Their enthusiasm and patience are key driving elements that enable students to fully immerse in the Words of Allah.